Events in Monchique - Algarve - Portugal
Here you will find lots of information about events in Monchique in the Algarve, Portugal! See when and where the markets are in and around Monchique, what great annual events take place and when the Algarve bank holidays are so you don't miss out on something or on a practical note, get caught out by the supermarkets closing.
Algarve Events April 2016
Here are just some of the great Algarve events that we can look forward to this April!
- 15th Edition of Quarteira’s Triathlon European Cup - 2nd and 3rd April: It's sure to be a fantastic competition as the athletes start another Olympic cycle, setting their sights on the 2016 Rio Olympics! The competition also counts towards the Triathlon Portugal Cup. For more information European Triathlon Union and Portuguese Triathlon Federation
- 7th Edition of Algarve Spa Week - 9th to 17th April. This year’s theme is “Spa and Sports” and the event showcases the Algarve’s best 5* hotel spas with 9 days and 10 hotels all with an exclusive spa menu especially for the event (plus a 50% discount on treatments)! The sports theme will be celebrated with a free sports workshop for all! For more information visit Algarve Spa Week on Facebook.
- Festa da Mãe Soberana in Loulé 10th April: This famous Algarve event celebrates the “Festa Grande” in honour of Mãe Soberana, the Sovereign Mother. The Big Feast is the highlight of the Patron Saint celebrations, with thousands turning out to follow the procession to return the Sovereign Mother to the altar after the "Festa Pequena" on Easter Sunday. As well as the religious programme there are fireworks and festivities, starting at 10am until midnight.
- Marco Paulo concert - 24th April: Famous Portuguese singer, Marco Paulo is celebrating 50 years of music with a one night only performance at Portimão Arena in western Algarve. Tickets cost from 17.50€ - 25€ and can be bought online at Ticketline.
- 12th Faro Flamenco Festival - 30th April: A fantastic show of cante, guitar, cajón and baile flamenco lead by top dancers Ramón MartÍnez and Alicia Márquez. The event is held at the well-known Figuras Theatre in Faro and tickets cost 12€.
As well as these great Algarve events we’ve also got markets and fairs across the region, plus lots more sports, exhibitions, music and theatre. To see more about what’s going on check out Visit Algarve April Events 2016 brochure; also don't forget to pop into your local tourist information office when you arrive to make sure you don’t miss out on anything!