Information about Food and Drink in Monchique, Algarve
Monchique has cafés, pastelarias (serving delicious cakes!) and restaurants, seemingly, around every corner! You will see several along the roadside on the way to Monchique with lovely views over the Monchique hills, in the spa resort of Caldas de Monchique, in Monchique itself and further up on the road to Foia (the highest point in the Algarve). Whether you just want a light snack at lunchtime soaking up the atmosphere in the town, or a leisurely dinner in the evening, there will be a menu to suit you. Don't miss out on the pastelarias for a coffee and one of the mouthwatering cakes!
Here you will find lots of useful information about food and drink in Monchique:
- General information about drinks and approximate prices
- The food you can expect to find when you eat out in restaurants and approximate prices for meals
- Food shopping in supermarkets, including Portuguese translation for everyday foods and shopping for dietary requirements and babies
- The local gastronomy of Monchique
- Useful phrases and numbers for ordering in Portuguese
- Information for vegetarians and vegans, including supermarket shopping and useful phrases for eating out.